It must have occurred to you that only your body is there, and your mind is somewhere else in the middle of your work (for example, studying).
We must tell you that you are not alone! But each problem has its own solution.
Here are some techniques to increase focus.
First of all, the focus is a skill! Although we can cultivate talent by practicing and repeating it, it is not an easy task when we talk about talent.
There are generally three factors that affect focus:
- Environmental factors
In the following, we will talk about each of these three cases.
Mind and mental jump
The mental jump can have a devastating effect on your productivity! For example, when you are concentrating on chemistry and suddenly worry about the physics exam next week, what can be done now?
- 1- Having time to worry or worry time: In this hour, you will think about all aspects of that fringe issue (for example, physics exam), but until then, whenever thoughts about it come to your mind, you remind yourself that now is not the time and the hour Worry has not arrived yet!
- 2- Having a to-do list and setting priorities for the day: Various applications can help you. Some of these programs will be introduced below.
- 3- Do not be lazy! Do not turn to technology immediately to find answers to your questions! For example, to remember the actor’s name in a movie you saw before, try to get help from your mind first. Remember that there is always the opportunity to check your answer with Google.
- 4- Concentration games: Just search brain games for adults to access various concentration games.
- 5- It is common to see short content in cyberspace these days, such as watching a one-minute movie on Instagram. These short contents will significantly reduce when you can focus. Reading articles, longer storybooks, listening to longer podcasts, etc., can help you increase your concentration.
Note: Science has proven that your mind goes into a coma every 10-15 minutes to classify information. So you do not have to worry and be strict!
Introducing apps and websites to increase focus
1-Focus To-Do program:
With this program, you can prepare a checklist of daily activities, important events, and reminders to better manage your working and study hours.
2- Todoist program
In addition to reminding you of tasks, this application also performs more complex commands for you. For example, you can specify specific emails and messages for this application to send them at the desired time.
3- Trello Application:
Trello is a programming application that you can list all your work in this program and make a card for them.
This site has tried to make games that activate your brain. This site uses the knowledge of doctors, neuroscientists, and teachers to tickle the brain!
5- Sharp Brains
This site has many games to increase focus and prevent Alzheimer’s
8- Brainwell Mind & Brain Trainer Android App
An app to upgrade a variety of skills
Techniques to increase mindfulness
- 1- Reporters’ Monopoly Technique: When you are tired or bored, write some words with an extra dot or no dot. To try this technique, wherever you find the text loses focus, write a line for yourself with an additional drop on the letter “n” or omit a dot from “y.”
- 2. When you wake up, write down everything you have in mind.
- 3- Whenever you are unemployed, start counting the numbers upside down! Make this exercise harder. For example, 7 to 7 out of 1000, come back!
- 4- Draw with both hands at the same time!
- 5-Listen to the radio, podcast, or TV (without pictures) and turn down the volume as much as possible. This technique helps your right hemisphere begin to visualize and struggle to understand words.
- 6- Search test! All you have to do is give yourself time and try to find a particular sign during this time. For example, give yourself fifteen seconds and count the number of letters “K” on this page! In addition to boosting concentration, it also helps you read faster!
- 7- Stropine test: Tests like the one I write are green, but you have to declare the color you see (i.e., red), regardless of the meaning!
- 8- In front of a fair referee in 35 seconds, count from 1 to 120 with the maximum possible speed! The words must be pronounced correctly but not too slow.
- 9- Connecting the letter with the number: Take a piece of paper writes the numbers 1 to 10 in a completely scattered way. Now write the letter A to K in the same way on the page.
Environment and focus
1- Research has shown that the more comfortable the environment makes you feel, the easier it is to concentrate. So you can start with the comfort of your desk and chair first.
2. A 2011 study by the National Library of Medicine (NLM) found that listening to some music, especially classical music, can increase concentration while doing certain things. You can search study music for such music on YouTube.
3. Another well-known factor is ambient noise, which is somewhat under our control and, for example, we can reduce street noise by closing the window.
4- In cases where you encounter environmental distraction, you can use a simple technique called ABC:
- Be aware of the options you have. That is, you can continue to work or focus on the distraction factor and eliminate it.
- Take a few deep breaths.
- Decide whether you want to continue the activity or leave it when you have the right environmental conditions.
Nutrition and concentration
- 1- The favorite meal of the brain is breakfast! Your brain will not be upset if it does not have lunch or dinner, but it is definitely wrong if it is not breakfast. Use honey, sesame (order), or walnuts for breakfast!
- 2- Suitable fruits for the brain: apples, blueberries, figs, grapes, lips
- If you ask us, be sure to give these fruits to grandparents every day to protect them from Alzheimer’s.
- 3- Lovely snacks for the brain: nuts, raisins, chocolate (the more bitter, the better) of course at rest
- 4- Benefits for the brain: fish, eggs, milk
- 5- Do not say no to water! Try not to eat heavy meals after 8 pm. For example, instead of three heavy meals, have five light meals! Do not avoid eating sweets during the day! Remember that brain fuel is glucose!
- 6- Make sure that your body is not deficient in iron, zinc, and vitamin B because they strongly affect concentration! A regular checkup is recommended in this regard!
Maybe you like this post: